Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Paradise Lost - Milton

 Here are 8 indelible quotes from Milton’s ‘Paradise Lost’ that will surely mesmerize you.


1. “A mind not to be changed by place or time.
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.”

2. “Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven.”

3. “Solitude sometimes is best society.”

4. “Awake, arise or be for ever fall’n.”

5. “Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

6. “Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep...”

7. “Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay

To mould me man? Did I solicit thee

From darkness to promote me?”


8. “Ah, why should all mankind

For one man's fault, be condemned,

If guiltless?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follyball